Friday, August 29, 2008

T-Pain Gets Some Heat For Turning a Gospel Song Into a Song about Drinking

A few months back a leaked track entitled "Silver and Gold" circulated the Internet with the T-pain singing about the effects of blending clear and colored PatrĂ³n tequila together fir a drink. However the song which was not supposed to be a track on T-Pains album has been compared to Kirk Franklin's 1993 hit "Silver and Gold."

T-Pain stated in a interview "The record, it got leaked, then me and Kirk Franklin had to talk. He was doing most of the talking. He was saying it wasn't no disrespect. He was saying he knows how songs get leaked. He had it happen to him before. He said he wasn't a saint, and it wasn't like he never did nothing wrong. It's not like [Kirk] said I did something wrong. He said if I was gonna go with it, just change the melody. 'You can still say silver and gold.' He's got a lot of people saying stuff to him: 'How could you let T-Pain destroy a gospel song like that? How could let him talk about alcohol?' I wasn't even doing it for a mixtape or nothing. I was literally drinking and made a song. I was bored in the studio. There was nothing else to do. I made it into an alcoholic anthem, which wasn't good."

Pain says that the day the song leaked nearly 400,000 people had downloaded it. By then, it was too late.

No comments: