Monday, December 5, 2011

Was Kanye West Snubbed by the Grammy Awards?

Kanye West's nominations were mostly in rap.

Your Black World reports

For some reason, the always-reflective and overly dramatic Kanye West has somehow concluded that he was snubbed by the Grammys after receiving more nominations than every other artist this year.  His snub?  Not being nominated for album of the year. 

Here is how West rationalized his feelings about the so-called snub:

 

"Something I figured out early today – because you know, everybody came up to me last night like, ‘Congratulations!’ because you know I’m leading the Grammy nominations this year. Like we always do at this time," West to concert-goers in Chicago this week.


"But, people say ‘You ain’t got 'Album of the year' or 'Record of the Year.’ But I figured it out. That’s my fault for dropping 'Watch the Throne,' and 'Dark Fantasy' the same year. I should have just spaced it out a little bit more," he went on to say.

Even though he believes he was snubbed, West has seven Grammy nominations. 

No comments: