Monday, November 17, 2008

Ol Dirty Bastard's Mother wants Fans to Boycott Biography

Cherry Jones who's the mother of late rapper ODB recently spoke out about comments made about her son since his death and his wife. She also says to Boycott the upcoming book written by author Jaime Lowe, titled Digging for Dirt: The Life and Death of ODB.

"For the past four years I have sat back and watched certain individuals try and tarnish my son’s beliefs,” Jones said in a letter delivered through her son's manager to the media “My son loved every single one of his children and every single one of their mothers and provided for them all the best he could when he was alive. My son was an extremely generous soul"

she went one to say...

I am asking all of Dirty's fans to boycott this book as none of the proceeds are going to the children and this author’s motives and intentions seems to be in the vein of disgracing my son’s legacy,” Jones stated. “Quotes from Robert Shapiro in [Wednesday's] newspaper are shameful that an attorney who represented my son for less then a minute and has been out of the spotlight would comment and speculate on my son’s health in order for a mention of his name in print.

No comments: