Thursday, April 17, 2008

T.I. to Co-Headline Hip Hop Summit

T.I. is co-headlining the upcoming Turn Up the Vote National Hip-Hop Summit starting in Philadelphia this Sunday, April 20. Organized by Russell Simmons’ Hip-Hop Summit Action Network (HSAN).

“We are going to encourage young people to go out to vote. I personally know the value of having the right to vote and it taken away from you, but I will add my voice to help inspire others to take seriously this right and responsibility.” T.I. stated in a press release.

T.I., Russell Simmons and Ciara will headline the event, as well as other Hip-Hop stars and industry personalities are expected to attend. Some of the panelists include Jim Jones, (video director) Lil X, Flo-Rida, Webbie, Boosie, Styles P, (106th and Park) Terrence J. and Rocsi.

The event will begin at 12:30 p.m. and free tickets are available at http://www.hsan.org/.

I love that T.I's doing various things in the community because so many young boys look up to him and they need to see great examples of men who show more than just one sided of Being a man.

No comments: