Friday, February 20, 2009

Drake Talks To Complex About Mixtape, Kanye and Ghostwriting For Wayne!

Drake recently sat down with Complex mag to explain the concept of the album cover and title of his new mixtape So Far Gone, “It’s this kid in pursuit of love and money...sometimes you just get so far gone, you get wrapped up in this shit.” Drake added, “The title has a lot of meanings—as the way we carry ourselves, the way we dress, the way people view us, not to sound cocky, it’s just that feeling that we’re just distanced in a good way.”
On Kanye: "Kanye West has an amazing mind, but he always has the means that when he thinks something, he can make it happen right away. But I’ve been singing way before ‘808s and Heartbreak.’ I’ve been in the R&B world for a long time, writing for artists, writing for myself, playing with different sounds and stuff.”

On ghostwriting for Wayne:You know, we’re all great artists, great minds, and we all just contribute to each other; there’s been times when Wayne has helped me out, and I’m sure, I hope, I’ve influenced him to do or say things on tracks. We help each other out, that’s part of being two artists who respect each others’ creativity.”

to read more of his interview click HERE

No comments: